Sunday, February 21, 2010

Helpful Advice

Here is some helpful advice from a Boston psychologist Dr. Endlich that helps to put things into perspective.

Attack the worry with the following questions:
  • What's the worst thing that could happen?
  • Although I don't want it to happen, could I survive it? How?
  • How likely is it that my worst fear will happen?
  • What proof do I have?
  • What else might happen instead?
  • What are some of the possible good outcomes?
  • What has happened in similar situations in the past?
  • Of all the times I've worried, what percentage of the time have my worries come true?
  • When my fears did come true, what did I gain by worrying ahead of time?
Worrying is:
  • paying interest on a debt you may never owe...
  • and suffering in an imaginary life while the real one passes you by.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note....while searching for some fun ways to get rid of worry I came across this site that suggested porn about 15 times in the article. I guess if you were really worried and stumbled across that site you would be able to laugh it away.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment