Sunday, January 24, 2010

Three Strikes

I worry about other people. I worry all the time about what other people do and need and what can I do to help? This has become a problem in my life. More often than not, my urge to help other people comes back to bite me. And the most recent instance- has caused a rift in my life that continues to grow. It's apparent I should stop caring about others. Not entirely. But maybe institute a "three strike policy." So I can begin to worry less about people who will only end up abusing me (that will only cause me to worry and become upset even more).

This last time I was talking to a couple people about what to do. Both agreed it was something I should not worry about. They asked me why I was so upset about someone who obviously does not want my advice and even when I did give it- I was accused of tearing that person down. So that is that. New changes will start today. It will take some getting used to be some people are a lost cause. Some people are supported by choosing ignorance and unpreparedness over experience and reason.

Less worry, less stress, less frustration. I am washing my hands of situations like these. A new perspective on how to help others. It is similar to what a professor I had once said- "I will only put in as much effort as you do." If you are not willing to help yourself, then there is no reason I should worry about finding a way to help you.

Batter up!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment